Monday, July 25, 2011

Gotta try Something Different (MFP)

OKay, yesterday was a GREAT day, don't get me wrong. My issue is, I was starving all day. Because I was starving, I ended up going over my points. Not by much, and even when I went over, the choices I made we're bad ones. I just don't want to go through every day with my stomach rumbling. I am going to have to go to the grocery store today. There's food here, but most of it's junk. When I last went shopping, I had not planned on eating better. Last time I went to the store, I was actually hungry and furious, so we have pizza rolls, chips, and other such crap- those hideous foods I eat when I feel bad. I need to go to the gym when I feel bad. I really enjoyed that yesterday.

In the middle of writing this blog, I joined Planet Fitness. I'm heading over there now to get in an intense workout. Wish me luck!

___________________

Okay, part two:

I just got back from the gym and from the grocery store. I had a great time at the gym, but it wasn't as great as yesterday, when I had Jess with me. It's nice to have someone to talk to. Even when we aren't talking, it's just good to know someone there. I'm sure I'll make friends. No more stationary bikes for me though... ugh! Despite my fatness, I have a very bony butt. I always have. The seats on the bikes feel like they are made out fo concrete, which doesn't help my arthritic hip or my bony rear end. I stuck it out for 15 out of 30 minutes, until my hip seized up. Got on a few machines- this is when it would have been nice to have Jess with me. She doesn't normally use them, but she could have helped me laugh at myself and eased my tension a little.

So then I went to the grocery store. I forgot my Weight Watchers books, so I was kind of flying blind. I got a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, and some of those steam packs. I also got hummus. It's only a point per serving, and I effing LOVE hummus. I got pita chips too, which isn't great, but I really like pita chips and I'm not trying to deny myself things I like.

One of the tough things for me about going to the grocery store is that, when I get home, I want to try everything. I'm not hungry (I had a WW ice cream bar on the way home from the store- it's hot as balls out there)- but all the CHOICES make me want to try everything. So far today, I'm doing okay. I'm not ravenously hungry yet, but I was when I ate breakfast, and I was when I ate the ice cream. I like that the WW book makes you document whether you are hungry or not when you eat. Before yesterday, eating was just eating. Boredom meant snack time. I know that's why I have gained so much weight, and I know I need to correct that behavior. I've got some better choices now, with lots of raw fruits and veggies to munch on. I also got some low-fat cheese sticks. I know I need to eat healthy dairy, but yogurt is absolutely out of the question. I can't get past the smell to figure out if I like the taste or not, so I eat cheese. It's good for me, right? I got the low fat stuff. Also picked up some "pinko commie turkey bacon" for breakfast.

I feel good. I see change on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment