Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bloat be gone... and where am I measuring?

Most of the water weight that I had gained when I first started this grand adventure seems to be dropping off. I have lost 3 pounds since yesterday, and I am sure it's all water. I am really starting to feel energized (and I should, since I slept 11 hours last night) and my skin is looking better.
The scale is broken now, and I won't say who it was, except that it wasn't me. One of the things that holds the feet on snapped, so I have to see if Target will let me return it. I might just tell them it was broken when I got it home. I didn't misuse it, it just broke.
One of my friends on MFP send me a link for how to calculate my workouts into points, which is awesome, because I earned an extra 7 points yesterday! I didn't eat them all, but it felt good to know they were there. It also helps me understand why I have been so freakin hungry. I have a beach trip coming up in a few weeks, which means going a few days without the gym, so I have to make up for it with swimming and running on the beach. I think I'll bring my kickboxing DVD and hand weights too. I don't want to let myself lapse.
Gavin's about to head to the gym with me. It'll be his first time, and I am glad to be going with him. I'm not sure how it's going to go, but I hope we can push each other and keep each other going. I want him to be around for a long time, and I hope this will help him take off some of the extra weight.
So... Where am I measuring? I have been measuring my waist around my belly button, instead of 1" below my ribcage, which is where I hear your waist is. My thing is, my fat droops below that point and pools into a little blob just above my hips. I measure around my belly button beacuse that's where I am the fattest, and that's where I want to see the most change. It's gross, and I want to be rid of it. I hope that it tightens up as I lose weight. I really don't want a flappy bag of skin hanging there. When I was thin before, when Gavin and I started dating, I didn't have a flap, but I have never been as big as I am now. I understand a little pooch. I am a girl, and I've had two babies, so I won't be too upset about a small poochy belly.

1 comment:

  1. My vote is for the cat. Whenever anything breaks around my home, my vote is always for the cat ;-)

    ReplyDelete