Monday, July 25, 2011

5 days already?

Okay- today has been pretty awesome so far. Woke up to find that there was a Thundercats marathon on Cartoon Network- awesome! So I watched that while eating my breakfast. Went to the gym and found out that even though my contract says I can only go 10 times a month before I have to start paying 5$ per visit, it's not true. The girl at the desk said they really don't keep track, and I can go as often as I like. Sweetness!

So I did my workout, but wanted to keep going. I went to the White Deer Park (across the street from Lake Benson park in Garner) and did Week 1, Day 1 of my couch to 5K workout. I didn't think I'd make it, but I did, and it felt GREAT!!! Armed with the knowledge that I can hit the gym as often as I like and having a really great park for running just down the road, I am on my way to being a fat gym rat. Love it!

For those of you who are in the Garner/Raleigh/Clayton area and don't know about White Deer Park, lemme tell ya- It's got nice, wide paved paths, great for jogging, walking, or casual bike riding. Like a road course, but without all the worry about getting hit by cars! There is a funky smell in one area of the park, but it's totally avoidable. There's a plaque there describing what the smell is, but I didn't stop to read it. While I was there on my jog, I happened across a white tail deer grazing just off the running path. She must be pretty used to joggers, becuase I was only about eight feet away and she didn't pay me a bit of attention. There are some pretty brazen, judgemental squirrels there though. A few of them stopped and stared at me while I was running- jerks.

I feel good today- this morning- but I am a little manic and I don't know where this day will end up. I'm trying to stay positive though.

1 comment:

  1. My best friend did Couch to 5k. She is planning on doing a local one in Wake Forest around Thanksgiving. One day I will get to the running point ;-) Even when I played sports I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete